Thursday, March 20, 2008

French Bread


Ok I just had to brag about this because I just made the prettiest french bread I've ever made last week. This is the best French Bread ever! I got the recipe from Bryan's Mom a while back and I make it like every other week we love it. We usually use one loaf for Garlic Bread and the other for French Toast in the morning. It's really easy to make and the dough is so fun to work with.

2 C. Hot Water
2 Tbsp. Yeast
3 Tbsp. Sugar
1 Tbsp. Salt
1/2 C. Oil
5 C. Flour
2 Tbsp. Wheat Gluten

The ingred. is in order and you just mix it in your mixer on low for 8 min. Then you take the dough out of the bowl and put a little flour on your hands and counter and punch down then let it rise for 10 min. and punch down and get all the air bubbles out then let it rise for 10 min. again. You repeat this four times. Then divide into two loafs shape and slit the top four times and baste the top with egg whites with a pastry brush. Yummy yummy yummy!!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mezigue said...

Our bread is not like that !

Kiss

Mrs. L said...

You're bread is very pretty. I wish I could make something like that. Your trips look fun too and I can't believe how much your belly is growing. So Cute!!

Amber Lynn said...

lol, look at you miss martha stewart.. your so funny.. it looks yummy, cant wait for you to make me one.. hehhe love ya